I am home. Back in my US home I mean.
What do I even say? I feel like this blog says it all. Read through it. Enjoy it. Smile. Cry. Laugh. Remember. I know I certainly have. Who knew that I'd enjoy blogging? Who knew that this blog maybe will serve as my best way to remember all that I did? What started off as a way to please/update my family and friends became a reflective space for me to catalogue and make note of parts of this experience. Maybe I should blog senior year? Just kidding.
Looking back on my blog, I realize that yes, a lot is missing from my blog. I for the most part wrote more about the highlights, than the low points. That is partially because 1) We were asked not to write negative things on public forums 2) I wanted my blog to be positive 3) By human nature, we tend to forget the bad parts and remember the good ones. In addition, I didn't write about everything that I experienced. However, you can't write about everything, right? In addition, I am firm believer in it's not always so much about every minute of the experience as what you take out of the experience....and well, wow, what did I get out this experience? In addition to all of my memories, more things than I can even put down in words.
Was it scary? Yes.
Was it frustrating at times? Yes.
Was it challenging living in another country and culture and house? Yes.
Was it annoying sometimes to not be able to express myself in Spanish? Yes.
Was it totally all worth it in end? Oh most definitely!
I am home and I am at a loss of words. Everything somehow seems different. In a good way. So, Argentina, whatever you did to me, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
As author Frank Herbert said, "There is no real ending. It is just the place where you stop the story."
So, Argentina, I'd say this is part of my story with you has stopped. It's been quite the semester abroad, but it is time to return back to my life in the US. I hope that someday I will be able to return again and the story will start again. Until then, know that I will hold onto all the great memories (...and attempt in someway to explain them all to everyone at home).
With a happiness and tears, beccaenba signing off for one last time ... abrazos y besos a todos!
(I just realized I forgot to publish this so here it is for those who are still following. My final blog post.)
No comments:
Post a Comment