Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cordoba, Campamento y Comida

....So, yeah, that's my room! However, now, here we go with the trip posts! So, for my two trips to Cordoba (oh and the pueblos) and Mendoza, I've decided to take the photo journalism approach to blogging and use some of my photos to capture the highlights. I've taken thousands of pictures over the past few weeks so I assure you that these are not even close to all my photos, but I figured they'd give everyone a sense of what I've been up to. It works out though as 1) I don't have to write as much 2) You don't have to read as much.

Here come some of the photos and some attempted witty and informative captions. Due to my slow internet and the fact we did so much, I just picked some of the highlights. Also, after some requests for more pictures of me from one of my blog followers (you know who you are), I've even included some pictures of me.

So, for Semana Santa, or Holy Week, we got the week off from classes and our program. A couple of my friends and I decided to venture out to new territory... I present you with some of the highlights of our trip to Cordoba! Well, in all truthfulness, we went to Cordoba and then, we went and hiked through several pueblos, but you shall see that in the pictures. Just be patient.


Five hours after we're supposed to leave Buenos Aires, we're off! 


No no just kidding. We aren't leaving. Crazy pregnant woman enters the bus wanting to get on. Oh well, we can look at the crowds some more. Why did we ever think it was a good idea to leave BA when everyone else was? 


15 hours later, we are in Cordoba! Horrendous travel is forgotten and the sun is shining!


 Oh look a pretty river! Let's stop and look at it. We don't have those in Buenos Aires so let's take a picture too!


Forced march begins. We are so tired on our forced march (yes a classic Kessler-Oran first day forced march) around the city so let's stop and pose with the 1992 ring in the gardens. Yay 1992 babies!


This is Hannah. She is adorable and deserves her own caption for her clever camera bag holding technique. 


Ah the walk continues. It was so hot. Mega water bottles were the only way to go!


More picturesque parks in the city of Cordoba!


Oh hey there ladies. A much-needed break at the waterfront. 


The next day, we set off on our architecture tour of the city! First stop ... Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral. The main cathedral in Cordoba and the oldest church in continuous service in Argentina!


The plaza and cathedral.


Oh wait. Look. There I am. 


The inside of the cathedral. 


More architecture of Cordoba and the perfect blue skies! I'm thinking, if public health doesn't work out, I could definitely have a future as an architectural photographer. I am kidding, but the architecture of Cordoba was so stunning!


Boston represent!


Our last girls night at the hostel in Cordoba!


If there was one picture of the trip that summed up the whole trip, I'd pick this picture. We spent many long days and nights on buses. Over the course of our five-day trip, we spent over forty hours on buses, including two long overnight buses!! Gotta love getting off a bus at rest stop and watching the sun rise!


....Four hours later, we made it to the little pueblo of Nono! Let the hiking begin!


Higher and higher, we go!


Cheesing along the way. 


We continue our way along the Sierras Embrujadas, the oldest mountain range in Argentina. It's even older than the Andes!


The view.


The ladies hiking up. 


More photo ops. 


Reaching the summit and the Argentine flag!


Pausing for a break with our new Argentine friends!


Oh yeah he climbed with us too. 


Taking in the surrounding view. 


After all the hiking, the yummy summit food. How could I not take a picture of food? I am a Kessler-Oran after all. 


Hiking along the precarious ridge towards the waterfalls and river. 



Oh hey there donkey. 



A group picture of us with our new Argentine leaders and friends during the hike!


Continuing to trek as the sun sets on the pueblos!


Surveying how far we've come. 


Oh, yeah, after all the hiking, we then got to stay at this lovely little B&B. Well, actually, it was someone's house. 


Anyway, regardless, check out this view ... and for such a bargain! Grandma, you'd be proud of our bargain living!


Our little cabin.


Pausing for some more quiet moments and snuggling in the hammock.


The epic pool and Sierras Embujadas in the background. 


...And, then, two days later, we're off to Villa General Belgrano! An authentic German-Argentine village!


Posing with the Octoberfest sign!


Some Easter spirit!


Welcome to Villa General Belgrano!


Oh look! It's another picture of me!


Ending our trip with a little, local German beer sampling and streusel. Time to go back to the big city! Stay tuned for Mendoza pictures!

*Disclaimer: This post does not include all the struggles, cancelled buses and moments of panic along the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment