BeccaenBA here. My apologies for not blogging much recently. I've been really busy trying to finish up my interviews and write a first draft of my ISP. I thought I'd give everyone an update of my progress.
As of Tuesday, I finished my interviews or well, I had to end my fieldwork so I could start writing intensively. I interviewed 15 women and 5 doctors at Hospital Alvarez, a public hospital in Buenos Aires. It was quite the process....exhausting, but interesting! I really got to see a lot as well. I attended a prenatal class. We did yoga-like breathing exercises and talked about the reality of giving birth. I also sat in about 50 prenatal consults (Yes. I sat in on 50 consults, well maybe more, to get 15 interviews. That's fieldwork for you.) It was really interesting to get to talk to so many people about patient-doctor communication and I obtained a lot of great testimonies and information.
....Now, I am writing 24/7! Our first draft is due today! So far, I have about 35 pages! Yes, 35 pages written in Spanish! You know you are impressed. I am impressed with myself. Don't worry. I didn't write that all in the past two days. I've been writing for weeks now. I still need to finish writing up my results (almost done!) and then, my section interpreting my results. Over the next week, I am going to keep working on my draft and developing my results as I work up to our second draft. Our final draft is then due the following Monday.
Then, I will be done, done, done...and will look like this smiling monkey!

No comments:
Post a Comment