Saturday, May 4, 2013

ISP

Hey, hey, hey! Happy Saturday, everyone!

Just wanted to share that I finally am starting to home in on an ISP, or Independent Study Project, topic. For those of you who don't know, ISP is a month-long period where we can investigate pretty much whatever we want, wherever want, as long as it is related to public health in Argentina somehow. The research during ISP then turns into a 40-page paper...and for us, it'll be in Spanish! Luckily, we have Spanish tutors and support to help us write this huge paper. However, here comes a month of lots of work! 

So far, this is my general topic idea ... looking at the use of text messages during prenatal care as way to lower the maternal mortality rates in Argentina and how compliance plays into people's potential adherence to these programs. Kind of a mouthful to say, but I think it should be interesting! I'll keep you all posted on my progress! 

Back from another trip....to Tucuman! Stay tuned for a post about our trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment